What Happen Within Minutes Of Water Damage?
- Saturation spreads to other areas, causing secondary damage thereby rapidly increasing the scope and cost of your loss.
- Wet furniture legs will lose the stain that has been applied at the factory causing a stain to appear on carpets and hard surfaces especially from antique furniture legs.
- Discoloration of furniture.
- Paper goods start to swell, and warp.
What Happens Within Hours Of Water Damage?
- Furniture delaminates or swells, legs begin to split.
- Pressed wood swells and disintegrates.
- Odor becomes apparent.
- Tarnishing of uncoated metal surfaces occur.
- Normal household odors become more apparent.
What Happens Within Days Of Water Damage?
- Fungi appear, along with characteristic “musty” odor.
- Internal components in pianos and organs swell in the presence of condensed moisture or elevated humidity above (>60% Relative Humidity).
- Drywall (Sheetrock, gypcrete) swells and disintegrates.
- Uncoated metal surfaces begin to rust.
- Door and window casings swell and distort or delaminate.
- Wood decking, joists, studs begin to swell, warp and split.
- Electronic components may malfunction.
- Occupants with respiratory problems or compromised immune systems may experience distress.
What Happens Within Weeks Of Water Damage?
- Fungi associated with prolonged dampness damages natural fibers, paper coverings on drywall, paneling, wood, etc.
- Wood components warp and split, while chemicals within wood dissolve, discolor or destroy finishes.
- Claim costs escalate dramatically; demolishing and replacing contaminated materials may be necessary.
- Serious occupant health hazards increase.
See our testimonials page for some of our customer comments
Questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions Page